Interested in volunteering at the Fox?
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
Step 1: Before you may apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be a US Citizen, or hold a current work visa, student visa, or green card.
- You must pass a background check that will be provided upon orientation.
- You must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You must be willing to volunteer for at least ten shows per year, including one Atlanta Ballet Nutcracker performance in December.
- You must be willing and able to volunteer for a variety of shows including Broadway Musicals, Various Types of Concerts, Childrens’ Productions, Movie Screenings, Comedy Shows, and everything else in between. Remember you will be a volunteer for the Fox Theatre, not only for the shows themselves.
- You must understand and meet the physical requirements of the position. These include but are not limited to climbing up and down stairs, assisting patrons in wheelchairs when needed, standing for long periods of time, and having the ability to work different positions within the theatre. Our volunteers’ safety is one of our highest priorities. Many aspects of the work we do will require a high level of physical activity. These requirements exist specifically for your safety.
- You must have access to and the capability to use a computer or a smartphone. You will complete your application online and register for events online. Without access to a computer regularly, you will not be able to register for events as needed.
Step 2: Submit an online application by registering as a new user on our VolunteerHub page.
- Create a username and password for a Volunteer Hub account. The login that you create will be the same you will use to register for events later.
- Complete the application online. Please answer all questions to the best of your ability, and upload a photograph of your choosing as you apply.
- Once you have completed the application, you will get a message that your account is under review, which means your application is under consideration.
Step 3: Attend a New Volunteer Usher Orientation
- Orientations are conducted four times per year. You must attend an orientation before you may usher an event, even if you have previous experience as an usher for The Fox Theatre.
- The Guest Experience Volunteer Coordinator will send an invitation to register for an upcoming orientation. The number of slots for these orientations are limited, so you will want to register as quickly as possible.If you are unable to attend the orientation date but are still interested in ushering, please let the Volunteer Coordinator know so that you may receive information on later opportunities. Once you register, you will receive a detailed email with information on the orientation and required documents needed upon arrival.
Step 4: Register for Events
- Once you have attended orientation and passed the background check, you will be moved to active status and receive notification that you can register for upcoming events!